- article courtesy of Peter Keen - The Tea Journey Tea is very much a personal choice, obviously, and all tea lovers have their individual favorites, equally obviously. What is less self-evident is how much our choices are influenced by age and aging. Tea is a lifetime drink and as our life moves on and times change, so do our preferences and needs. Here are just a few examples: Biology: As we age, we lose much of our sense of aroma and taste. The 10-15,000 or so taste buds in our “prime of life” drop to 7,000. That explains why...
Butterfly Pea Flower Tea could be the next sneak up innovation in the beverage market, joining bubble tea, cheese tea, cold brew and kombucha and, perhaps even the SUI of the past decade, matcha. These came from outside the mainstream, relatively suddenly establishing a market base of enthusiastic customers. None seemed likely to become more than just a niche, fad or exotic outlier. Could be the next big success in no way means will be. Today, pea flower is largely at the invention stage. Customers decide through their choices if an invention is an innovation: the difference is between what...
Hangovers remedies, drinks, treatments and questionable “cures” are a multi-billion-dollar industry!
From the popular hydrating and electrolyte drinks, pain relief pills, IV drips, skin patches, vitamin and dietary supplements, to lesser known hangover products such as oxygen boosters, antacids, sprayers, ice rollers, body detoxes, , antioxidants, caffeine shots and liver detoxes, the hangover sufferer has plenty of questionable "cures" to try
Very few hangover treatments, however, address any of the following symptoms that are also frequently reported by sufferers
- Impairments in concentration, memory and reaction times
- Increased anxiety and stress
- Cognitive dysfunction, brain fog, lack of clarity and focus
- Despair and Hopelessness
- Guilt and remorse
- Low self esteem and feeling sorry for yourself
- Apathy, lethargy and low energy levels
- Low mood, grumpiness and unfriendly
- Circadian rhythms out of alignment – like jet lag
This is where GABA tea really makes a difference! It is in the cognitive and psychological benefits it provides for hangover sufferers.
Article courtesy of Suzette Hammond and World Tea Expo 2019 white paper, “The Next Wave in Tea: Trends, Issues & Opportunities.” The complimentary report offers valuable insights and advice from some of the top experts and leaders in specialty tea. To download the free white paper, visit https://www.worldteaexpo.com/en/attendee-resources/whitepaper.html. An emerging opportunity for tea that I see in my work branches off from an existing trend: tea for overall wellbeing. We’ve been giving so much attention to functional teas or wellness blends, looking at tea in a transactional nature. A “take this for that” type of thinking. Of course, blends are very...